OFF :Omega

John McIntyre mcintyre at PA.MSU.EDU
Tue Jun 19 10:51:43 EDT 2001

Bill & Cynthia wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about the group "Omega?" The album I have is "Time
> Robber" recorded in 1976 at Europa-sound-Studios in Germany. I was wondering
> if they released any other material as Omega, or now involved in other
> projects?
> Musicians are:
>
> Janos Kobor: Lead Vocal/Percussion
> Laszio Benko: Moog synthesizer/Vocals
> Tamas Mihaly: Bass/Vocal
> Gyorgy Moinar: Guitars/12 String Guitar/Acoustic Guitar
> Ferenc Debreceni: Drums/percussion

They've released quite a few albums.  A complete discography would be
complicated as several of their albums are available in Hungarian editions (with
Hungarian lyrics) and English editions.  Sometimes the English releases are
pieced together from several Hungarian albums.

_Time Robbers_ is my favorite of theirs, but similar ones would be _Hall Of
Floaters In The Sky_ and _Two Thousand Year War_.  Others tend to be more
straight ahead rock, but none are bad.

I've got one Hungarian LP with a sheet metal cover. (-8

John McIntyre
Physics - Astronomy Domine Dept
Michigan State University
mcintyre at pa.msu.edu