OTHER: Woronzow News, Tony Hill, High Tide

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Wed Jun 20 12:41:34 EDT 2001

In a message dated 6/19/01 4:04:01 PM, jasret at MINDSPRING.COM writes:

<<
Of the three, I'd say that 'Interesting Times' in the most melodic, 'High
Tide' is the most psychedelic (with 3 extended tracks), and 'Sea Shanties'
is the heaviest, but all are excellent.  I'd describe the band as a post-
Cream/Hendrix type heavy/acid rock trio, PLUS the addition of Simon House's
violin. >>
======
well, anyway, to drop names...
i got the 1st high tide LP sent from Jello Biafra
[i hadnt heard of them]

he characterized them as :"Sabbath fronted by Morrison",
Cream/Hendrix didnt _at all_ come to mind pour moi.

hey, where's that rmayo guy?

 i dunno if 'metallic' is the right, chronologically-appropriate word,
but for their time
high tide was unusually 'hard/heavy'

======
"<>"