OFF: Porcupine Tree

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Jun 22 10:28:04 EDT 2001

>On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 20:50:43 +0100, Jon Jarrett
><jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>
>>        I've noticed that every PT fan seems to like one but not the other
>>of the two pop albums; as I've said I prefer LS

Put me down as a Stupid Dream supporter, even though I have serious problems
with the way it was (over) produced.  Good songs though, just not always
performed/recorded/mixed in the way I would have liked.  The live shows were
excellent though!

OTOH, LS just sits there for me.  "Russia on Ice" was a major
disappointment, a couple cool passages but not interesting overall.  The
tracks I liked were the ones that were left off (like "Ambulance Chasing"),
so now that Recordings is out, perhaps I'll like that better.

Grakkl (FAA)