A fan + some other things too

Mike Habiby corwyn at NYCAP.RR.COM
Fri Jun 22 16:32:16 EDT 2001

All your responses have been most interesting regarding Jello.

Personally having grown up in the bay area and been a college DJ in the
LA market in the early 80's I had NO TIME for the Punk movement when it
started. No offense to those who like that kind of stuff.  I recognize
Jello and some other's abilities especially lyrically (the guy from X as
well) but never liked the music.  However it is not the first time I
have heard that the 'wind had a strong influence on the early Punk
movement in the US and UK.

Interesting to note that I discovered Hawkind due to a fantastic prog
rock show in the mid to late '70s in the bay area called "stone trek" on
from 9 to midnight sunday nights on a San Jose radio station who will go
nameless due to it's present programming.. Just wondering due to our
relatively similar ages (I'm 40) if that is where Jello heard of them..

Just speculating.

On a different note I posted to neo-quark and prog-cdr a request for
anyone who might have some audience or sb recordings from the Pierre
Moerlin Gong period to contact me off list if you would be so kind.
CD-R preferably.  Just can't get enough of this period of Gong.

And a third note:  I have now listed to the Hawkestra set a few times
and marvel at the quality of the music (not the recording though that is
really great) and the set list. YES reading the set lists as they were
posted when it happened was great.. but actually hearing the show..
simply astounding.  I had heard lots of shuffling of feet and
apologizing from the boys that musically they were not on.. I wasn't
there but they sure sounded on to me.  I am a big "Hawklords" fan and
really enjoyed the cuts from those albums.

Now I hope from hopes that a "professional" version of Brixon or Astoria
CD or Video or DVD comes out so I can have it!!!

That is all for now.

out

Mike H

--