BOC: What's your favorite bloom growl/yell/vocal?/ CotHM in England at last

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Sun Jun 24 15:45:01 EDT 2001

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001 15:03:21 +0100, Jon Jarrett
<jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>I mean, it's like this:
>
>(Trad.)
>        Hickory dickory dock
>        The mouse ran up the clock
>        The clock struck one
>        The mouse fell down
>        Hickory dickory dock
>
>(or: by John Shirley)
>        I'm a real heavy mouse
>        With a clock and a hunch
>        I've got to climb my house
>        And get back before lunch
>
>(for comparison: by Richard Meltzer)
>        Hockety dockety dick!
>        Murine craziness a-go-go
>        Clockmaker can't make it out
>        But that first strike's sure a no-no
>
>(and lastly: by Sandy Pearlman)
>        The bells will end the hour
>        Mice running like witch's blood
>        The clouds have gathered the storm
>        Suzy's watch touches the time
>                (chorus of phased chants of `It came from the sea!')

ROTFLMAO Ab-so-fuggin'-lutle-ly BRILLIANT, Jon!  Got any more stored up for
the band to use?  (And I love the way the "Meltzer" and "Pearlman" lyrics
*feel* like they would fit perfectly with the music of, say, "Cagey
Cretins" and "Astronomy", repsectively.)

>... they sound like a
>well-heeled bunch of C&W sidemen sitting down in a living room full of
>soft cushions with big grape sodas.

Just like on "Redeemed"? (sorry, couldn't resist)

    -Doug (sorry for the quote:content ratio)
     jasret at mindspring.com