OFF: Song titles

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Jun 25 05:57:57 EDT 2001

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 22:07:01 +0100, ANDREW GARIBALDI
<andygee at DIAL.PIPEX.COM> wrote:

>wot - even better than
>'The Song Of McGuillicudie the Puscillanimous (or Don't Worry James Your
>Socks are hanging in the cellar with Thomas)"
>from the very first Egg album
>Always a good one when you're talking great song titles!

Pretty striking I grant you. Of course there's always the old Floyd
standby, "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A
Cave and Grooving With A Pict".

However while such titles score highly on the wack-o-meter, I was thinking
more of titles which are like a slogan or buzzy phrase that rattle round
your head for days on end. I always liked the Psychedelic Furs' title "Into
You Like A Train" though the song was nothing special.

NM