HW: Your Captain Is Speaking

Moonglum moonglum at DREAMWORKER.CO.UK
Mon Jun 25 19:08:48 EDT 2001

Dave Brock came onto the IRC channel #hawkwind.org.uk at about 10.15pm BST
tonight.  The following transcript has been edited for clarity:

*** Joins: HAWKPEOPLE

<ormuzd> good evening HAWKPEOPLE
<Mooongluum> hi hawkpeople
<Electronic_no1> hi Hawkpeople
<HAWKPEOPLE> Hello

<Mooongluum> hawkpeople, how was donington?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Great weather, shame about curfew and low flying aircraft

<dreamworker_uk> How long did HW play for?
<HAWKPEOPLE> 1½ hours

<Jazzmeister> did the mighty 'Wind' rock a fat one
<HAWKPEOPLE> Got a bit weird towards end of set, had to rush, too much
smoke, too many people on side of stage

<dreamworker_uk> ... and what was the set like?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Set was good, MC will put up setlist soon
<Mooongluum> similar set to spring tour?... because THAT was f**king great!

<Electronic_no1> did you get a good reception?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Yes, lots of Hawkfans there :-)

<dreamworker_uk> Were there any numbers played that we didn't get at Croydon
or Aldershot?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Yes, a few
<dreamworker_uk> I'm not sure I want you to tell me what I missed !!
<HAWKPEOPLE> Moonglum, Rocky Paths
<dreamworker_uk> Aaargh
<dreamworker_uk> I love Moonglum (not you, Steve)
<`Alice> moonglum is great :)

<`Alice> any new songs played?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Money Tree

<`Alice> Huw was playing with you?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Yes Huw played

<HAWKPEOPLE> Dave here any quick questions?

<Electronic_no1> what's the next concert in line?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Maybe Sun in East, but they are playing silly games with us and
we have given them Wed deadline to confirm, if not, Canturbury
<Electronic_no1> cool, i should make Canterbury
<dreamworker_uk> Lots of people would love you to come back to Camberley

<Mooongluum> hi dave do you still have coloursound phaser u used on quark
tour, i'll give you £100 for it
<HAWKPEOPLE> It doesn't work but £100 would be ok
<Mooongluum> thanks...send chq to Hawkwind merchandising address?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Yes, colour sound thing still working
<Mooongluum> i'll send cash for coloursound thankyouverymuch

<Jazzmeister> any possible concerts in manchester
<HAWKPEOPLE> Maybe Manchester 12th Nov
<HAWKPEOPLE> Actually, think Manchester is 10th
<Jazzmeister> where in manchester, acadamy
<HAWKPEOPLE> No university
<Jazzmeister> any other dates lined up

<`Alice> is a release date for Astoria set already?

<Electronic_no1> is the psychedelia weekend going ahead?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Royal F Hall? As far as we know
<Electronic_no1> is that the same weekend as Gong and cid Mothers etc?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Ok Dave will search it out now!
<HAWKPEOPLE> Could be the following w'end
<Jazzmeister> gong are on with the orb, altogether would be pretty awesome
<ormuzd> Yeah Gong with the Orb is a night not to be missed
<Electronic_no1> ok, i thought it might be part of the same festival

<Mooongluum> dave, gtr question...which pickup do you use on yr westone?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Humbucker

<ormuzd> Dave what do you listen to these days?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Various music

<`Alice> Dave, what synth do you use on concerts?
<HAWKPEOPLE> ems synth
<`Alice> ems... the expensive thing I guess...

<`Alice> what synth can you advice for beginning for a space psychedelic
band?
<HAWKPEOPLE> audio generators with an echo unit
<Electronic_no1> are they cheap to buy/build?
<HAWKPEOPLE> They are cheap to buy, should be able to ghet them in Russia
easily
<`Alice> Dave, I hope... will look for them, thank you!

<Jazzmeister> a question for dave, is it a working farm he owns/runs
<HAWKPEOPLE> A lot of hard work farm, horses, chickens and dogs, nothing
that is killed and eaten!
<Jazzmeister> no trouble with the devil ass foot & mouth i hope

<Mooongluum> dave, what amp do you use? your tone is unique...amp sounds
like a Dumble on full crunch
<HAWKPEOPLE> Special Roland amp

<`Alice> Dave, you said there will be your new solo album, Memos and Demos,
so when it will be released?
<HAWKPEOPLE> In September I hope
<`Alice> good!
<HAWKPEOPLE> I am waiting for the artwork to be finished
<Electronic_no1> is it along the same lines of Weird #7 by any chance?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Bit different
<Mooongluum> or strange trips & pipe dreams, which i really like?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Yes similar to stapd

<HAWKPEOPLE> Do we type faster than everyone else then?
<Mooongluum> Hawkwind type faster than all other bands
<`Alice> really :)

<`Alice> article about Hawkwind is finished and soon will be published in a
magazine

<Jazzmeister> what about new 'Wind' material, do you have a deal
<HAWKPEOPLE> Have material, no good deal as yet

<`Alice> is there any chance for a a re-release of Warrior on the edge of
time?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Warrior question answered in chat the other day

<Jazzmeister> how do you feel about the unofficial releases
<HAWKPEOPLE> Rather sad because the artist is usually paying to play

<ormuzd> Dave I would like to say that i really enjoyed Hawkestra even
though I know you were disappointed by it in some ways. Not a question, just
wanted to say that.
<Mooongluum> ditto, fantastic atmosphere!

<Jazzmeister> would you advise people to boycott the cheap unofficial
releases then
<HAWKPEOPLE> I would say so
<ormuzd> personalli i hate going to the hawkwind section in the shop and
wading through all these tacky unofficial compilations and rehashes

<`Alice> Will your solo album be released on Voiceprint?
<HAWKPEOPLE> Most probably

<Jazzmeister> i still have yet to send off my passport aplication, are you
still sorting them
<HAWKPEOPLE> Yes passport applications still being accepted

<HAWKPEOPLE> We have to go now,
<Jazzmeister> where !!
<Mooongluum> thanks for talking to us captain
<ormuzd> goodnight, take care
<Electronic_no1> bye Dave
<Jazzmeister> cheers, take it easy !!
<`Alice> thank you for talking with us, good night!
<Electronic_no1> I'll write my questions down for next time you come in
<Electronic_no1> when I remember them
* `Alice listening to wastelands of sleep, great song
<Jazzmeister> you have the same er problem as me, i think
<Mooongluum> and me, i've been following that man for 26 years and he pops
up on my screen...cosmic
<Electronic_no1> some of mine would be hard to answer I think because the
answer would change over the years
<Jazzmeister> this is my second time on, what timing
<Electronic_no1> lol.....yeah, that wasn't bad Jazz

*** Quits: HAWKPEOPLE (Quit: Space Is Deep.. håWK§©®ïþt)

<Mooongluum> there, he was watching us!
<ormuzd> like a hawk!
<Electronic_no1> my phone bill is justified
<`Alice> internet is a weird and wonderful thing for such happenings...
thought I hate it
<`Alice> though
<Mooongluum> can i just say F**K ME THAT WAS F**KING GREAT!!!!