BOC: CotHM

Kirsten Procter kprocter at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK
Tue Jun 26 13:05:58 EDT 2001

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Nick English wrote:

> Thank you, Theo, for bringing things back to the
> positive side.  It's been kind of a downer lately the
> way people have been expressing their disappointment
> with Curse.  Not that I think their opinions
> are "wrong". . . it's just that I like this album --
> even though it's not "Secret Treaties II" -- and I'm
> kinda sad that more fans aren't celebrating what's good
> about it, which is actually quite a bit if you ask me.

yes, I'd agree with you to a certain extent, but it just doesn't feel
like BOC at their best to even me. It's pleasant enough but it's
not *special*,itjust didn't live up to expectations.

> In addition to classic rockers changing over time, I
> think classic rock FANS change over time as well.  We
> can't wear our mullets forever, after all.

True. And every  new generation of rock fans changes the way rock
works. But Idon't think Curse lives up to that well.

 Having said that, I don't dislike the album and will continue to
listen to it, I just hoped for more.

Kirsten
--
Kirsten Procter                                                         ghoti
NP:Farflung - the Myth of Solid Ground