BOC: COTHM

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Jun 26 13:38:08 EDT 2001

On 26 Jun 2001, at 13:21, John A. Swartz wrote:

> > by the way, I love the new album.  One solid hour of good rockin'
> > fun.
> >

> EXACTLY!  Frankly I was getting a bit tired of the complaints here
> about COTHM.  Too much living in the past for my tastes.  This album
> is getting LOTS of play in my CD player, and consensus of non-BOC-L
> fans is that this album is much better than Heaven Forbid.  Doesn't
> measure up to Secret Treaties?  That was 18 years ago!  Give it a rest
> - enjoy the album, or don't.

And, BTW, 'exactly' who has put out an album to measure up to ST
in those 18 years?

But unless you've been living under a
> rock for 10 years, you'd probably realize that this album represents
> who BOC is TODAY very accurately.  If it's not the band you fell in
> love with in the 1970's so be it - go to their concerts and listen to
> the oldies, or buy the remasters and repackaged compilations.

Well put as usual!  We all need to remember that the band, even
back then, was uneasy with SP's image manipulation of the band,
and they were eager to write their own stuff.  Witness the huge left
turn of AoF after the sainted ST, when the band was starting to write
things their own way and discarding the stuff SP encouraged.
Musicians change, grow and evolve, and we have to decide for
ourselves if we like the 'new' band...

theo