BOC: Reissues

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Wed Jun 27 09:02:21 EDT 2001

> On 26 Jun 2001, at 17:03, Brian Halligan wrote:
>> RbN also has
>> Let Go and Eyes on Fire, two of my least favorite BOC tunes of all
>> time.

Theo replied:
> Let Go was a joke all the way, hence acceptable...

If I want blatant comedy in my rock 'n' roll, I'll go listen to Spinal Tap,
or (666) Devil Got Your Mother. ;-)

>> CotHM sounds very '80s to my ears. For all the problems with Heaven Forbid,
>> it sounded more contemporary.
>>
> Interesting observation.  I think CotHM is very slick and modern
> sounding, maybe too polished a production.

I agree about the production. It's more the instrumentation and harmonies.
For some reason Heaven Forbid didn't strike me that way.

> I think BD has taken a huge leap as a producer over the span of the 2 discs...

Agreed.

Brian

--
Vincent Price Talking Lawnmower