A fan

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Wed Jun 27 11:03:08 EDT 2001

In a message dated 6/27/01 2:07:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK writes:

> >How about the Exploited being HW fans... never thought that possible
>  >eh?!?  But true nonetheless!
>  >Ah well, back to the medication...
>  >
>  >Dave
>
>  and The Damned, as you are no doubt aware, Dave.
>  --
>  Jon

...not at all punk, but about five years ago I read an interview w/the
Swedish (I think) band Tiamat and when asked what he (the lead-guy) was asked
what music he'd been listening to, he simply replied "Hawkwind". They were a
great band for a while, btw, the album Clouds is excellent, at times spacey,
Euro-doom-death (barely much of the latter). Kinda fits in with the whole
Amorphis vibe (who covered "Levitation", of course). Interesting to finally
see some more metal/HW cross-over, but if figures that metal first had to
start up the whole industrial/gothic off-shoots as it began to around '90
(though Floyd was always the band refered to by metal critics and musicians
whenever something was atmspheric or spacey).
And then there's the classic fantasy-metal band of the '80s Manilla Road (who
Scott Heller interviewed back in the day). The Shark (MR's mainman) is a
monster HW fan, and lets it leak out in his lyrics occasionally...

a wide range of music fans that HW can appeal to...

Chuck