HW Biker review

Z E Itgeist stuart.hamilton at SCOTTISH.PARLIAMENT.UK
Fri Jun 29 10:26:14 EDT 2001

Last but not least Hawkwind - not a band but an experience best loved at
full tilt, in a dark field, with lights, lazers, mystic firebreathing
women, dancers, strobe lights, backing tracks, ENORMOUS amounts of smoke
all creating this ambient atmosphere, whether you were under the influence
or not you soon felt it! Dumpy played a guest spot without his Rusty Nuts,
guitar happily resting on his ever increasing gut looking like Father Xmas
on acid with his rapidly greying beard (Dumpy we still love you, you're an
institution  now!). It was lovely seeing all the families watching Hawkwind
when the parents must have been kids themselves when they first experienced
the band, and no they didn't play Silver Machine - resting on your laurels
eh! Big disappointment also was the inability to get the late stage license
and the bands were off at 11.10pm so it was a rapid exit to our Cyber Cafe
or the dance tent (or dance exhibition centre, not quite a tent) if you
could find it as folk were off looking for a marquee