HW: Brixton set

christmu@eunet.no christmu at EUNET.NO
Sat Jun 30 20:24:00 EDT 2001

I just got the 3 CDRs from the Brixton Hawkwstra show. The sound isn't so
great but there are some worthwile versions of classic songs old and new.
Steve Swindells sure does some awful vocals though. Good to hear Huw doing
"Rocky Paths" again,  and "Hurry On Sundown" would be a welcome oldie in
their current punkier sets as well, but too bad one of my favorites,
"Arrival In Utopia" dissolved to sheer drivel on the Brixton set. The sound
recording quality doesen't help, but then again, judging from the CDRs it
wasn't excactly Hawkind's peak as a live band. With such a broad group of
old and new (and poorly rehearsed?) musicians coming and going onstage etc.
how could it be anything but? Long may the Hawks fly though!
Chr.

ObCD: Turbonegro tribute - Alpha Motherfuckers

---
Visit A Disease of The Mind at
http://home.eunet.no/~christmu/pulp/index.html - a library of rare pulp
covers and other fallout from the 20th Century.

"Buddha was a black gentleman who thought all Deadheads were Chinamen."