Space Ritual studio tapes on Ebay?

Eli Friedman EliPXR5 at AOL.COM
Fri Mar 2 10:18:18 EST 2001

In a message dated 3/2/01 9:48:07 AM, DASLUD at AOL.COM writes:

<< okay....that's IT!

"Space Ritual" was a  LIVE album;
so what are these 'studio tapes' supposed to be?
the original 12/72 multitrack reels?

what did i miss here?
why did no one else point out the obvious?

Obviously the original live "field" or "board" recordings from the gigs were
edited and mixed down to other master tapes to provide the source for the
album. I would presume that that is what these tapes are, the edited mix
mster from which the record was mastered for pressing. As to who really owns
the stuff-unfortunately its probably the party with the best legal muscle and
cash to spend on enforcment.  Just my opinion, Eli