OFF: good places to live?

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Mar 2 09:56:03 EST 2001

On 2 Mar 2001, at 9:29, Arin Komins wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> My apt. lease didn't get renewed, so I've got to find a new place to
> live. (phooey.)
>
> As I've never been overwhelmingly fond of Chicago in the first place
> (brrrrrrr), it may be time to move out.
>
> To that end, anyone want to pimp their particular part-of-the-world?
> Warm would be nice, though not (sigh) necessary.  A good IT job market
> is important, and decent folks to hang out with would be a definite
> plus.

It's not my neck of the woods [like I'd tell any one to move here--the
weather sucks worse than Chi.!] but I hear the
Washington/Baltimore/northern Virginia area is a real musical
hotbed, though not nec. the heavy or spacy variety.  Weather's very
pleasant, and it's a short train ride from NYC.  I've considered
retiring to the Capitol area...

theo

xxxxxxxxx

"Wherever you go, there you are."