OFF: good places to live?

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Mar 2 17:52:31 EST 2001

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Douglas Pearson wrote:

:Subject: Re: OFF: good places to live?
:
:On Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:09:36 -0600, Arin Komins
:<akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU> wrote:
:>
:>[a bunch of people respond in favor of sites in the uk, austin,
:>dc/maryland, calif. bay area.]
:
:Since the out-of-control economy has been correcting itself a bit as of
:recently, I could, in good conscience, recommend the SF Bay Area, which I
:would NOT have done six months ago.  (Next time you're in the area, Arin, I
:can point out the SF/F bookstore 'Borderlands' that I learned about when
:Mick Farren & John Shirley did readings/music there.)
:
:As a matter of fact, I have an opening for a new flatmate at the end of
:this month (did I remember to mention that, Chuck?) ...

Good to hear.  Do you have recommendations for particular areas in the Bay
Area?

re: flatmate -- tempting, but I have ye-olde-tonne of books, so unless
you've got lots of space, that may not be an option.

oh -- and I'll be back in the area from 4/3 - 4/8, free for a full day on
4/7, which is a Saturday.

Any BOC-L folks want to hang out?  (that includes you, Doug ;-) )

Arin
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559