HW Footage

David Bottomley merlinas at DIRCON.CO.UK
Mon Mar 5 06:35:47 EST 2001

>>Are you sure this was from Wembley Stadium??! The Yuri Gagarin sleeve has
as
>>this as the Empire Pool, which, if I'm not mistaken, was the old name for
>>the Wembley Arena, an entirely different venue.
>
>It's the EMPIRE POOL. I always thought that the POOL (Arena) and the
>STADIUM were identical
>
>Bernhard

No, the Stadium is a (now defunct) sports stadium that's also hosted
numerous big concert events over the years (inc. Live Aid in '85) but I
don't think that HW ever quite had the pull to put on a gig there ;@) The
Arena is a smaller, covered venue close by.

Dave