HW: footage

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Tue Mar 6 16:47:15 EST 2001

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 20:11:18 GMT, Michael Crook <m.j.crook at TALK21.COM> wrote:
>I wonder if this is the same film that Dave mentions when he describes
>(Record Collector Feb'93) a film made by Charisma to accompany the
>Hawklords album? I don't suppose they'd use the last ever Hawklords gig
>for such a film would they?

You're correct, that wouldn't make sense (you usually make the promo film
BEFORE the tour, although given some of the mismanagement situations
throughout Hawkwind's career, it wouldn't be surprising).  Actually, I
would almost expect a "promo" film for the Hawklords album to have *no*
Hawkwind/Hawklords footage whatsoever, but rather to be some sort
of "modern dance" video along the lines of the sleeve/booklet photographs
(I wonder, then, if the booklet photographs actually are stills from said
film?).

    -Doug
     ceres at sirius.com