Vic Reeves & Bob Mortimer "Silver Machine"

Melvyn Vincent mel at MVA.U-NET.COM
Tue Mar 6 18:30:19 EST 2001

Here's a bit of trivia............Did anyone out there see this????

About 3 - 4 years ago on a sunday afternoon.....my daughter tuned into 'The
Smash Hits Poll Winners Party' on ITV ( I think).
The show was being hosted by Vic Reeves & Bob Mortimer and I gasped in
amazement when the show was launched with the duo taking the stage with
dancers & stage effects etc with them both singing a full blown version of
....'Silver Machine'!!!!!
Not so surpising as I'd previously heard Vic Reeves referring to listening
to HW in his earlier days (so he must be a bit of a fan).
In fact as Vic & Bob also appeared on the 'Top 10 of Prog Rock' on channel
4....I was also expecting them to voice some comments on HW.........
Not to be though.

mel