Vic Reeves & Bob Mortimer "Silver Machine"

Michael Crook m.j.crook at TALK21.COM
Wed Mar 7 14:51:01 EST 2001

Yeah I saw this too, it wasn't too bad a version either. I seem to remember the centre section of the song had a sort of brief 'Holst's planet Mars' theme. I half expected it to be released as a single after his success with 'Dizzy'.
Going back even further  - late eighties (and I swear this is true!) there was a band on Blue Peter called somthing like 'Salad from Atlantis' who did a version of Silver Machine using acoustic guitars and doing the 'whooshes' verbally down the Mic and changing the chorus to Washing Machine (the programme's theme was recycling).

Mick

May there always be starlight on the path...Burnham Jr.