Sloterdijk: status report/totally spent

SLOTERDIJK SLOTERDIJK at WEBTV.NET
Thu Mar 8 11:22:52 EST 2001

Hello friends,
I just wanted to take this moment to provide you with an update on
what's happening with Sloterdijk these days.

1) All the basic mastering and the running order for the new album is
now complete. There are however, two neo-classical, quasi baroque, quasi
renaissance pieces, which need adjustment. My main concern is that the
second of the two, "Variation on a theme for two cellos, a flute and
renaissance percussion", has a signal which is a bit hot, thus causing
very discreet distortion. I will have this corrected within a few days.

I spent the better part of four days preparing some promo copies of the
disc as it exists so far, and I am beat..If you receive a copy wherein
track 9 is slightly "hot" remember, final tweaking will take place prior
to the commercial release of the cd.

Here's what I can tell you about this work so far:

Sloterdijk: "Uranium Zone"
total running time: 52:21
tracks: 10

list of titles in order:

Variation in A major (for two cellos, and a flute)
Uranium Zone
Seti 79
Iron Lung
Unnamed Psychedelic Jam II
Anomalies
Fate by Date
The Dub of Dub
Passions
Variation on a theme (for two cellos, flute and renaissance percussion)

Produced, engineered, & performed by Mike Burro, except "Uranium Zone"
(2), co-produced by Jay Adcock and Mike Burro. Synth tracks on track
track 2, Jay Adcock.

On the live front, there is not alot to report at the moment, however we
are working on putting together a show in Pennsylvania with a
progressive band called "Phoenix Down". They are doing the booking, and
I believe the show would be somewhere within the greater Lehigh Valley
region of the state.

England is still top priority, and the eventuality of playing a show in
Cambridge is still viable, we just have wait and see what can be
arranged up there. The midlands are also a target area.

 On the list of possible european summer stops:
Germany, and The Netherlands.

Festival season is soon approaching, and so we are seeking shows, both
domestic and abroad.

Cover art has not yet been produced for the "Uranium Zone" CD, so those
of you who receive advance promos, will likely have several different
designs. I have already designed the cover, so Jay and I will be working
on this together, including a gatefold insert for titles and technical
information.

I want to thank those of you who have written to me in recent weeks. I
have tried to respond to everyone. Your support and anticipation of our
new product means a tremendous amount, so I'd like to thank you all for
this.

The official website it appears is permanently disabled. For those of
you who don't know, webtv, my internet service provider, pulled the plug
on the three year old site, citing violations of "inappropriate adult
content", and "using the site for a commercial nature".

I hope to have a new computer within a month, and then I will begin to
take steps to rebuild. For now, any new web info will come to you in the
form of e-mail announcements, as I have even been disabled from logging
into my mp3.com site..www.mp3.com/sloterdijk

Best wishes to all, and Peace!!!

                      Mike

PS The pieces which indicate cellos, flute etc, were written for those
instruments, but since I don't have them at my disposal, and likely
could not play the pieces on real strings and woodwinds, here they
appear as "synthetic chamber music".

www.mp3.com/sloterdijk

http://community.webtv.net/SLOTERDIJK/SLOTERDIJKControl