Hawklords Footage and Top 10 Prog Rock

Melvyn Vincent mel at MVA.U-NET.COM
Fri Mar 9 20:11:45 EST 2001

Talking of feeling cheated!
I remember about 12 years ago reading in the sunday papers TV listings
under the BSB Channel
(British Satellite Broadcasting - before it became BSkyB!). You may
remember that you needed a square shaped satellite dish or "squarial" as it
was called at the time, in order to receive the broadcast.
Well.....there at around 11pm the following evening ( I think ).........'In
Concert' - Hawkwind live on stage from a concert in 1973! Bloody hell.....I
thought........Find me someone....anyone.....linked up to BSB!

Well....if my memory serves me correct...the following day....BSB was
gobbled up by Rupert Murdochs Sky TV and overnight became BSkyB.
Consequently I think the coming weeks BSB listings were turned on their
head....literally.
I never did find anyone linked to a BSB Squarial or if HW in Concert 1973
was ever screened.......!

mel