HW: Codex - phew

Sun Mar 11 09:15:05 EST 2001

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Douglas Pearson wrote:

> There's a few more that haven't made it to CD (I mentioned the Charisma-era
> single edits in a recent message, but the unavailability of that era's
> albums is UTTERLY CRIMINAL, imho).

        Gods yes. At the very least someone in the US should get holf of
the Griffin rights, it can't be too hard to make money on these if you're
careful now Griffin have done the bulk of the work. Isn't it EMI who hold
the rights for the UK stuff since Virgin, though? I wish I knew whether
that meant that repackaged remasters like the first six were likely to
emerge, or that we'll just never see them (especially since I doubt EMI
could pitch wholesale prices as low as Cowboy Inc^W^WVoiceprint will so it
may not be worth their while to do it all since distribution will be
uphill work). Yours,
                     Jon

--
              Spooky peanut terror bringing pain and death!
     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)      jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk