HW: Codex - phew

Tigger Tigger at PUDDYTAT.FSNET.CO.UK
Sun Mar 11 10:51:48 EST 2001

In article <Pine.LNX.4.21.0103111403040.3277-100000 at chiark.greenend.org.
uk>, Jon Jarrett <jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> writes
>On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, J D wrote:
>
>> 3. Is the Theta Orionis bootleg of a gig or a mish-mash of rare tracks?
>
>        It's a bit of both; it has some bits of a '93 (I think) Nottingham
>Rock City gig (`QS&C', `LSD/Camera/LSD' as I recall), and some '95 BBC
>stuff, I think also some other live stuff though I don't know what, and
>then `Terra Mystica', the vinyl-only track from _Business Trip_, and
>*claims* to contain `Space Sex', the similar one from _Alien4_ and `Gimme
>Shelter' from IItBotFTBD, but *actually* has the 2.54 length allocated to
>`Space Sex' filled with that much of `Gimme Shelter' repeated.

I've just received a copy, this is the track info I got with it -

Night of the hawk (Nottingham Rock City 18-05-90)
Back in the box (Nottingham Rock City 18-05-90)
Right to decide (BBC session 1995)
Quark, strangeness & charm (Cambridge Junction 11-11-93)
LSD/The camera that could lie (Cambridge Junction 11-11-93)
Assassins of Allah (BBC session 1995)
Death trap/Wastelands/The dream goes on (BBC session 1995)
Terror Mystica (vinyl only release)
Gimme shelter (with Samantha Fox) On the cover it says Space Sex
Gimme shelter (one more time, but this one is cut in pieces, very
strange)

The 2 Nottingham tracks have the wrong date (should be 25/01/90) and
they have been lifted (Very badly) from the live Legends video.
--
David Blair