HW: Gig advertising

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Mon Mar 12 15:27:59 EST 2001

> Talking of Northern gigs, did anybody out there go to the
'Dracfest' gig at
> Whitby, also in '97. The highlights of this event are numerous,
but for me
> the couple of things I still remember are the entrance of Arthur
Brown in a
> coffin escorted by candle bearers (and a fireman!), and Kris
making the
> stage security gorillas duck when she blew her flame immediately
over their
> heads!

Oh yes - Dracfest is one of the highlights in my Festival memories.
Arthur Brown gave an amazing performance and it's such a shame it
was never (to the best of my knowledge) recorded on video.   That
guy has a really powerful stagepresence!      But equally to my
regret he did a surprisingly understated solo performance at
Glastonbury so who can say how he will be feeling at
Canterbury......

jill