HW / MotorHead / OFF: Motorhead

Richard Lockwood rich-l at GEOCITIES.COM
Tue Mar 13 03:29:28 EST 2001

Almost - it was "The Ballad Of Jimi Hendrix", and was the first few chords
of Purple Haze, followed by "You're Dead".  A band I was in at college was
contemplating a whole album of this kind of thing.  "The Ballad Of Mama Cass
Elliot" ("Cough, choke..."), "The Ballad of Lynyrd Skynyrd" ("I'm as free as
a bird now...  CRASH!") and about a dozen more...  But then the bar closed
and we forgot all about it.

Cheers,

Rich.