OFF: Gary Moore, Jimmy Herring

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Mar 13 09:03:23 EST 2001

On 13 Mar 2001, at 9:50, Paul Mather wrote:

> Hey, I'll fess up and admit I *like* Gazza's music!

I do too, really.  Didn't like the 'blues' albums as much as the
shredder stuff, esp. when he had old blues masters sitting in on his
records.  I hear he's really hard to get along with,  which might help
explain the dueling scar!

[on Jimmy Herring]

> I caught him twice with the Allmans last year, and both shows
were
> superb!  (The first gig was actually the first one of the tour, and he
> was making his debut under hostile circumstances.)  I'm sad to see him
> leave for Phil & Friends, actually.  (Jimmy and Derek with the ABB
> floats my boat a lot more than Jimmy and Warren with Phil & Friends.)

I had to miss the ABB last year so didn't get to hear that lineup,
though I bet Jimmy and Derek are a great team.  What's the ABB
lineup now, Warren and Derek, at least for a few shows?

theo

xxxxxxxxx

"Wherever you go, there you are."
--B. Banzai