OFF: Tarot Cards and cosmic couriers?

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Mar 14 15:11:16 EST 2001

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:18:12 -0600, Mike Coleman <deltawave at METRONET.COM>
wrote:
>seems like Walter Wegmuller's tarot, with the cosmic couriers.......

... with Manuel Gottsching & Harmut Enke from Ash Ra Tempel, Klaus Schulze,
Dieter Dirks & a host of other krautrock all-stars.

>the LP set is worth a ton, and they did a reissue CD box set now as well...

... which also, unfortunately, costs a ton.

>PS--it's great in my opinion...

One of the best krautrock albums ever IMO.  Much more "song"-oriented than
any of the other Cosmic Jokers etc. stuff, and incredibly diverse (bits of
funk and folk and heavy rock and "new age" all seamlessly fit together).

And the Tarot cards included with the set (which is probably what makes the
price so high) ARE thoroughly gorgeous (and the artwork is quite lysergic);
Wegmuller is/was a very well established Swiss artist (a former flatmate,
of Swiss descent herself, saw the set in my collection and said, "wow! I
had no idea he made an album!").  The cards show considerable talent in
that area.

The longer I've owned the set, the more I think that it actually *is* worth
the high price ...

    -Doug
     ceres at sirius.com