HW Canterbury festival/travel

Mark Jermy m.jermy at CRANFIELD.AC.UK
Thu Mar 15 12:16:49 EST 2001

David Blair wrote:
>I'd be
>surprised if there's any restrictions on travel in the EU yet. If
>there's currently no restrictions on where you want to go, and there's
>still a couple of months until you go, I'd wait and see if it gets any
>worse/better before cancelling.

There are no restrictions on EU travel yet- people can travel freely but
their sandwiches can't. Stansted is plastered with notices that people
should eat or bin anything containing meat or dairy produce before they fly,
and Genoa airport has signs advising anyone carrying meat or dairy stuff to
dispose of it somewhere it can't be got at by animals.

I think the most danger to the festival comes not from international travel
restrictions but from the control of movement on farm land. Does anyone know
if the festival site is on farmland or is accessed by paths or roads that
run through farmland?

Mark

NP: ICU- Newanatomy