top five hawk albums

Sam Kirwan samantha.kirwan at NTL.COM
Fri Mar 16 05:58:41 EST 2001

Good point on Alien 4 Layla, Love in Space is in that category too.  Since
when did Hawkwind do Lovey-Dovey - almost as bad as Sam Fox & Bridgette
Wishart singing for them.  Sweet Mistress of Pain (Kissing the Velvet Whip)
is the closest Hawkwind seriously get to 'Lurve' - but obviously only in a
top Sado- style!! Lockheed is BRILLIANT though - saw one of Bob's last gigs
at the Wheatsheaf in Dunstable many years ago.  Still brings a tear to my
eye thinking about it!!

Sam

-----Original Message-----
From: Layla Thompson [mailto:lthompson3 at UCLAN.AC.UK]
Sent: 16 March 2001 10:43
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: Re: top five hawk albums

It might just be me......but I thought that Alien 4 was a
bit....erm.......below the usual standards. Am I alone on that one?

As for top five Hawkwind albums, it's have to be;

Live Chronicles,
Hawkwind,
Doremi,
Hall of the Mountain Grill,
In search of Space.

Though I wouldn't put it in the top 5, I do also Love Astounding sounds,
amazing music.......and Space Ritual.

The two albums I always Loved aswell are Lucky Leaf and the Long Ships, and
Captain Lockheid and the Star Fighters.  Fantastic!!  I could listen to them
for hours!!

Layla

>>> michaelangelo68 at OZEMAIL.COM.AU 03/16/01 01:55am >>>
> What about Top Five Hawkwind Albums?
>
> My list:
>
> Electric Tepee
> Warrior On The Edge Of Time
> Hawklords - 25 Years On
> Live Chronicles
> Xenon Codex

> Alissa

Mine would be:

Levitation
Electric Tepee
Chronicle of the Black Sword
PXR5
It Is The Business Of The Future To Be Dangerous

6>)

The contents of, and the information contained in this email and any files transmitted
with it are confidential and legally privileged, and are sent for the personal attention
of the addresse(s). If you are not the intended addressee, any use, disclosure or
copying of this document is unauthorised.

Thank you
NTL