Canterbury festival

Fri Mar 16 12:52:03 EST 2001

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Richard Lockwood wrote:

> And producers of some of the finest xenophobic and homophobic ads ever.
>
> "Shepherd Neame Spitfire - Downed all over Kent.  Just Like The Luftwaffe"
> "Shepherd Neame Spitfire - only tail-gunners drink lager"
>
> I have friends (neither German nor gay) who find them quite offensive.
>
> I laugh my arse off (if you see what I mean), and it's a top pint...

        My favourite one was just a bottle of Spitfire (which is a top
pint as you say though the best ever is still Young's Ramrod) with the
legend "Der der-der der der-der-der-der, der der-der der der-der-der-der",
which I thought was absolutely great. Offensive yes, but how many people
who would have been offended by it would have worked it out? Ah, the fun
of ignoring political correctness, yours,
                                          Jon
ObCD: No Man - _Drycleaning Ray_
--
              Spooky peanut terror bringing pain and death!
     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)      jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk