OFF: good places to live?

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Sat Mar 17 13:29:37 EST 2001

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Kevin Perry wrote:

:Subject: Re: OFF: good places to live?
:
:I've been working in dotcom companies for the past 18-24 months in the UK
:and have found an incredibly large number of Australians, New Zealanders,
:Canadians and South Africans working in them.  Very few Americans though.
:
:The bars in London are all staffed by antipodeans (AU, NZ and SA) - a lot
:seem to come over on student visas, extend them as long as possible, and
:don't actually do any studying...
:
:If anyone does know how to go about finding work in the US (preferably still
:in the Internet arena), then please let me know 'cause I'm thinking of
:jumping ship from the UK as soon as I can.
:

well, hey, if you do systems admin (for either NT or Unix) then
we have an opening.... ;-)

It turns out that my boss freaked out when I suggested that I might be
leaving and she convinced me to stay.

that said, I found a place in oak park (a chicago burb) to rent.

thanks all for the pointers and tips on jobs and moving.  double
thanks for doug for the possible offer for a place (chuck -- I
won't stand in your way on this one ;-) ).

At the Astoria, there was a couple I met at the after-party who
said that they were from oak park.  if you are on the list, email
me?  if not -- anyone remember who they were?  (in the chaos, i managed
to forget their names.)

on more random notes -- Chicago Hawkwind fans -- where are you?
I know that there are some on the list......

Get together for a party sometime?

Arin
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559