HW:top 10

Al Ogilvy Alogilvy at AOL.COM
Mon Mar 19 03:10:59 EST 2001

 Oh..And just out of interest my HW top 10 is;
 1 Space Ritual
 2 Hawklords 25 yrs
 3 QSC
 4 Mountain Grill
 5 Love in Space
 6 1999 party live
 7 Electric teepee
 8 In your Area ( Yes I do like it a lot...For now)
 9 Undisclosed Files
 10 Space Ritual 2

All the above are just a snapshot in time of my current HW tastes,Except for
Space ritual ,which IMHO is THE greatest album ever made , bar none
!!!!....and QSC and Hawklords will always complete my all time favourite top
3.

My least fave is always going to be Yuri Gagarin and all its bastard
children, despite the excellent wage war ( ithink the appalling recording
quality adds a sort of "Subversiveness " to it).

 My Top Non HW Artistes are ;

 1 Alan Stivell
 2 Man
 3 Bevis Frond
 4 Gong / Daevid Allen
 5 Miles Davies (Well the Bitches brew / Live evil era)
 6 Nektar
 7 Afro Celt Sound System
 8 Banco Da Gaia
 9 Ozrics
 10 Tom Rapp / Pearls before Swine

 As with the HW the above is a bit of a snapshot, but Afrocelts, Gong, Alan
Stivell and Tom Rapp, and Bevis are ALWAYS there.

 And while im in a list mood

10 current most played albums

1 Alan Stivell..Back to Breizh
2 Ozrics...Jurassic shift
3 Man..Back to the future
4 Pearls before swine ..Balaclava (If youve never heard this I urge you to
seek it out)
5 Nektar...Tab in the Ocean (See above !!)
7 Bevis Frond...Any Gas Faster (also see above !!)
8 Orb ..Cydonia
9 Banco Da Gaia...Igizeh
10 AfroCelt Sound System... Vol 2

 And my most played HW related albums are  EVERYTHING by Bob.(esp live at QEH)
 Oh well hope I havent bored you all....
 Any Alan Stivell fans out there, or am I the only one on the list ?
 Interesting thought....What are the least likely , least HW connected bands
appreciated by list members? Hows that for a topic ? Do I win with Alan
Stivell ? ...I nearly suggested that Miles davies would win it, but I recall
that he was an influence on NIk once upon a time I think..
 Cheers for now chaps...Im off to work then off to Catch the Lev's on tour.
 All the best
 Alistair