HW: top five hawk albums(err,,,)

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Mon Mar 19 16:27:22 EST 2001

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001 14:21:04 +0000, Carl Edlund Anderson
<scylding at CARLAZ.COM> wrote:
>At 03.39 -0500 18.3.2001, Darrin McKeehen wrote:
>>err.....
>>I spoke incorrectly about the Magnu>Angels from Reading '86.....
>>It's the Dream Worker that kicks it!!
>
>Certainly the best version of Dream Worker that I can recall.

I picked up the Friday Rock Show/Reading CD fairly recently and although
it's one of my least-fave Hawkwind albums (the excellent bass playing
doesn't make up for the plodding drumming, unfocused lead guitar,
simplistic keyboards & not enough rhythm guitar ... IMHO), the version
of "Dream Worker" DOES make it entirely worthwhile for me.  I like Huw's
playing (which I'm ordinarily not a big fan of) quite a bit when he does
that kind of stuff ...

    -Doug
     ceres at sirius.com