HW: top five hawk albums(err,,,)

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Mar 19 18:41:23 EST 2001

In message <65.116b4788.27e7db54 at aol.com>, Chuck Rosenberg
<Chuckrecs at AOL.COM> writes
>In a message dated 3/19/01 1:27:31 PM Pacific Standard Time, ceres at SIRIUS.COM
>writes:
>
>> I picked up the Friday Rock Show/Reading CD fairly recently and although
>>  it's one of my least-fave Hawkwind albums (the excellent bass playing
>>  doesn't make up for the plodding drumming, unfocused lead guitar,
>>  simplistic keyboards & not enough rhythm guitar ... IMHO), the version
>>  of "Dream Worker" DOES make it entirely worthwhile for me.  I like Huw's
>>  playing (which I'm ordinarily not a big fan of) quite a bit when he does
>>  that kind of stuff ...
>>
>>      -Doug
>
>totally agreed, though perhaps the "You've got to be there...or BE SQUARE"
>line taints it a bit, but that's Harvey for ya... Chuck

Sounds like I need to get this- I LOVE the version on Zones with the
ghostly guitar sound and Nik's eerie, robotic delivery... is this in a similar
vein?
--
Nick Medford