HW: Daniel Lanois

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Tue Mar 20 08:43:22 EST 2001

Chuck wrote:
> Of course...Eno plays on the album, and his synth can be heard (barely, of
> course) on this very track ("Where the HW Kills"). One of my all-time
> favorite albums, I think the ethereal folk/N. Orleans R'n'B is a decent
> description, better than I could have done. Chuck

Sounds like an album I could get into, though I'm having a hard time
reconciling "ethereal" and New Orleans R&B. Maybe that's what's cool about
it though?

Brian
ob New Orleans R&B> Little Georgie and the Shuffling Hungarians
"Live from Styleen's Rhythm Palace, Syracuse, NY"

ob HW> How about a full-blown spacey/R&B horn section for the next
incarnation of HW? Sort of Spacerock meets Chicago's "25 or 6 to 4." OK,
forget I mentioned it. ;-)