HW-Ghost Of Dave Anderson

Tue Mar 20 17:30:35 EST 2001

OK _ for my final one tonight let me tell you about a new release and reopen a debate in the process.
Just out on DTK Metronome is a Hawkwind album called 'The Legends Collection', part of a series that includes Santana, Jimi Hendrix, Sex Gang Children, Elvis Presley (honest- no word of a lie) and loads more.
The Hawk album is a double CD and features:
Gaga/In The Egg/Orgone Accumulator/Wage War/Urban Guerilla/Master Of The Universe/Welcome To The Future/Sonic Attack/Silvere Machine/Hurry On Sundown/Space/Accumulator/Upside-Down Sonic Attack/Time We Left/Ten Seconds Of Forever/Brainstorm/Seven-By-Seven/Master of The Universe/Welcome To The Future
written exactly as listed in the promo blurb we received.
Best bit too is the price - a staggeringly low.....£4.49!!!
Now this is clearly more DA stuff and I would imagine the group won't see a bean from it - at that price it's a wonder anyone will see anything from it.
Now I know there will be some of you out there who feel they have to have it, and I know I will be ordered to stock it, but I wonder if everyone boycotted the darned thing and stuck two cheesy fingers up to DA and the crew to say 'enough is enough', would this make any difference or what - how much longer can this stuff get recycled and the band see nothing back? I would be happy if I didn't sell a single copy to be honest, but when you're in music retail you're there for the customer, and maybe you think I am talking tripe in this case, anyway.
What do you think???
Andy Garibaldi