OFF: Black Sun Ensemble

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Mar 20 17:56:14 EST 2001

Theo asked....

>On 20 Mar 2001, at 17:42, Douglas Pearson wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 21:49:48 -0000, ANDREW GARIBALDI
>> <andygee at DIAL.PIPEX.COM> wrote:
>> >The very first album was on Reckless Records as vinyl and
>> >this is the cD of it
>>
>> BZZZZT!  Nope.  The first album and the self-titled album on Reckless
>> are similar, but are definitely NOT the same album!  The "real" first
>> album, as reissued on Camera Obscura is definitely superior.
>>
>Does anyone know if BSE material is avail. in the US?

No, all British beef has been banned from the US.

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  Oh, wait, not *that* BSE.  Well, considering the band is from Arizona,
I should certainly think so.  That said, the last two releases have been on
Camera Obscura in Oz (I do hope they send promos to us....tho' Jerry would
get them, not me), but then they have pretty good distribution in the US.
So I would expect Sky Pilot (the 'new' one) and the two latter Reckless
releases (Lambent Flame and Elemental Forces) to be pretty easily had
(Reckless has presence in both the UK and US - Chicago and/or San Fran?).  I
see them in used outlets, and in online lists quite regularly.  I have
'sold' some at Strange Daze in the past. Shall I look out for these again?
On the other hand, I have never seen either of the self-titled releases, and
the only copy of the live CD I've seen is the one I bought.