HW-Ghost Of Dave Anderson

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Tue Mar 20 19:00:10 EST 2001

Andy -  I would have no problem at all if you didn't stock this one
and told me that you weren't going to.   But that could be because I
know the situation I guess.    I already have more than enough
copies of these tracks and consider it despicable that they are
still being reproduced.   It's a bit like stalking really - a wierd
kind of obsessive harrassment with these tracks being reissued over
and over again.      Very  strange.

No.   I will not ask you to stock this one.

I have no doubt that at some point in the future, I shall see it in
a second hand shop and will probably pick it up then, since any
money I then pay will go to no-one but the shop keeper.     But if I
don't I shall not lose any sleep about it!

jill
Jill Strobridge <jill at theta-orionis.freeserve.co.uk>

----- Original Message -----
From: ANDREW GARIBALDI <andygee at DIAL.PIPEX.COM>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 10:30 PM
Subject: Re: HW-Ghost Of Dave Anderson

OK _ for my final one tonight let me tell you about a new release
and reopen a debate in the process.
Just out on DTK Metronome is a Hawkwind album called 'The Legends
Collection', part of a series that includes Santana, Jimi Hendrix,
Sex Gang Children, Elvis Presley (honest- no word of a lie) and
loads more.
The Hawk album is a double CD and features:
Gaga/In The Egg/Orgone Accumulator/Wage War/Urban Guerilla/Master Of
The Universe/Welcome To The Future/Sonic Attack/Silvere
Machine/Hurry On Sundown/Space/Accumulator/Upside-Down Sonic
Attack/Time We Left/Ten Seconds Of
Forever/Brainstorm/Seven-By-Seven/Master of The Universe/Welcome To
The Future
written exactly as listed in the promo blurb we received.
Best bit too is the price - a staggeringly low.....£4.49!!!
Now this is clearly more DA stuff and I would imagine the group
won't see a bean from it - at that price it's a wonder anyone will
see anything from it.
Now I know there will be some of you out there who feel they have to
have it, and I know I will be ordered to stock it, but I wonder if
everyone boycotted the darned thing and stuck two cheesy fingers up
to DA and the crew to say 'enough is enough', would this make any
difference or what - how much longer can this stuff get recycled and
the band see nothing back? I would be happy if I didn't sell a
single copy to be honest, but when you're in music retail you're
there for the customer, and maybe you think I am talking tripe in
this case, anyway.
What do you think???
Andy Garibaldi