HW: Barney Bubbles Question

Chris Stier ChStier at AOL.COM
Wed Mar 21 17:58:41 EST 2001

Hi Folks,

Here's a letter I got from a friend of mine in the UK looking for info on the works of Barney Bubbles for an exhibit he is working on.  If you have a difinitive list or any other accurate info, drop me a line and I will pass it on to him.  His message follows...

Thanks!

Chris
chstier at aol.com

>>>okay, whats this email about? well, i am currently researching an exhibition
that i intend to put on in london of the work that barney bubbles did for
hawkwind and the underground press like i.t. and friends. and work barney
did for hawkwind-related projects like inner-city-unit and imperial
pompadours. but only barney bubbles stuff.

so the exhibition will include:
album covers (inserts)
singles (where the covers of them aren't re-hashes of album artwork)
posters
other ephemera (like promo stickers, masks, cardboard rockets etc)
tour programmes
anything that represents barneys input into the stage sets and light shows
underground press artwork

as i'm working with trevor hughes on this, his archive should contain alot
of this stuff.

however, at this stage, information is the precious commodity, not physical
stuff. so i was wondering if you knew anything about what stuff barney did?
the thing is, it has to be definitely accurate information.

i know how busy things are for you, so don't think too hard about it. but if
there is anything you know, i'd be really interseted to hear it.

i have been talking to a few people in the u.k. about this, but the best
strike so far was with jonathan smeeton (liquid len). he's actually in the
states (near you), he gave me a call after i left a message for him at the
company he works with. he's busy at the moment, but said to call him in a
couple weeks. so here's hoping!

well, best wishes,

your friend,

mike<<<