Foot & Mouth

Layla Thompson lthompson3 at UCLAN.AC.UK
Thu Mar 22 06:53:54 EST 2001

I am a vegitarian, have been since I was 6. And I am a lot healthier than most of my meat-eating counterparts. I had it proven!!! (I was young and bored!!)

If foot and mouth has much the same effect on cows and stuff as the flu does on humans, why don't they slaughter us when we have the flu!!!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

(sorry, I'm not trying to be obnoxious. This whole thing just buggs me a lot)

At 14.51 +1030 22.3.2001, Michael W Blackman wrote:
>>  inanimate!) object can *carry* it.  So the disease does carry the
>potential
>>  to devastate meat-based farming economies where it hits; just one more
>>  reason why we should all be vegetarians, I suppose ...
>

>and they should stick to grain feeding cattle

Or (radical suggestion) grass! ;)

I mean, it's not as if the UK doesn't import most of its food anyway,
so they may as well require decent organic farming here.

Cheers,
Carl
--
Carl Edlund Anderson