OFF: was Kev, now Libertarians

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Mar 22 12:49:57 EST 2001

FoFP responds...

>Douglas Pearson writes:
>
>> Sounds a lot like the (I think it's called) "shortest political quiz"
>> that's floating around on some libertarian website.  No matter what your
>> answers to the quiz are, it will tell you that you are (surprise surprise)
>> actually a libertarian, and you never knew it the whole time!

(Are you sure this isn't a $cyentologie site?)  :)  Must be a eLRon creation.

>Weirdly enough I did this years ago when I didn't know there were such
>things as libertarians and it turned out I'd been one the whole time.

I have always been confused by libertarianism...I mean, to me, the idea of a
'libertarian politician' is oxymoronic.  I couldn't imagine the libertarian
platform ever being an important factor in US politics, 'cause all of the
people who might be behind it are the kind of people (like me) who are so
cynical and so apolitical, they would have zero organization and completely
unable to voice a mass opinion.

I assume that I'm 'libertarian' at heart as well, but I really have no idea
what the party is truly all about, nor do I care.  They do have a visible
champion in Bill Maher though (a guy that is at times quite funny and
insightful, but whose show is nearly always rubbish)...but my guess is that
when he attacks the left, the Republicans go 'Yeah!' and when he attacks the
right, the Dems go 'Yeah!' and neither budges from their loyalty to one or
the other.

Grakkl (FAA)

ObHWtrack: Right to Decide