OFF: Moorcock on sci-fi

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Mar 22 14:34:13 EST 2001

In message <200103221555.PAA09685 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk>, M Holmes
<fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> writes
>Nick Medford writes:
>> Well he generally styles himself an anarchist and I think the essay
>> Doug quoted was in some anarchist journal originally.  He has also
>> written that the most important thing is to be a feminist first and
>> anything else second.  He's apparently a big fan of radical feminist
>> Andrea Dworkin.
>
>Bizarre, and more than a little dated. It's kinda weird to hear a writer
>making pro-censorship arguments.

Indeed. This was mid-80s, whether he holds the same views now I don't
know, but I suspect he does- he wrote an effusive introduction to Dworkin's
book 'Intercourse', although I haven't read the book (read the intro in the
bookshop and was thoroughly put off exploring further).
--
Nick Medford