OFF: Damon and Naomi ... and KURIHARA UK tour

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Mar 22 18:03:02 EST 2001

from another list ...

>This just in - the UK leg of Damon and Naomi's tour with Kurihara
>(KURIHARA!!!). I do believe the Field Mice are on the same bill. Please
>feel free to help spread the word....
>

>>13-May-01 Sun THE FLEECE BRISTOL
>>15-May-01 Tue LITTLE CIVIC WOLVERHAMPTON
>>16-May-01 Wed THE GARAGE LONDON
>>17-May-01 Thu HOP & GRAPES MANCHESTER
>>18-May-01 Fri FIBBERS  YORK
>>19-May-01 Sat ROADMENDERS NORTHAMPTON
>>(these gigs on the 18th and 19th may be reversed in the end. . . .)
>>20-May-01 Sun KING TUTS  GLASGOW
>>
>>Then on to the continent, so far Holland and Spain.

Damon and Naomi are the former rhythm section from Galaxie 500 (and Magic
Hour), and, to be honest, nothing to get at all excited about (IMO).
HOWEVER, Michio Kurihara is one of the most amazing, mind-blowing
guitarists alive on planet Earth at the moment.  His work with the likes of
White Heaven, Ghost and Overhang Party is brilliantly melodic and
stunningly psychedelic.  Fans of "west coast" psychedelic guitar style
(John Cippolina, Deke Leonard, etc.) will NOT want to miss an opportunity
to see him in action!

    -Doug
     ceres at sirius.com