Foot & Mouth

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Thu Mar 22 18:47:53 EST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Halligan <blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: Foot & Mouth

> P.S. I'm going to Ireland late this summer. Any reason I should be
concerned
> about foot and mouth in the South ruining the trip?

Some sheep were imported to a Northern Ireland farm from one of the
affected English markets.   These turned out to have the virus so
all that could be found were destroyed.  However several remained
untraced (at the time, though they might have been located by now).
Unfortunately today the first cases in the Republic have just been
identified on the next door farm just over the border so it seems to
have gained a foothold.   Let's hope it won't go any further.

jill