HW: Weird #6

Joe Loehr JLoehr4299 at AOL.COM
Thu Mar 22 19:28:45 EST 2001

In a message dated 3/22/01 7:14:29 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
mel at MVA.U-NET.COM writes:

> Well..........hardly worth a re-press if you ask me. What a waste of money
> for a load of stuff that most of us 'die hards' have heard before!

That's kind of what I was thinking. But then, the Weird Tapes came out in the
early 80's, right? Back before the "load of stuff" had been compilated to
death.

Also another reason I'm semi-disappointed about the content of the Weird CDs.
I thought that they would be 'something completely other'. A large chunk of
it is stuff I have on other CDs. I mean, how many live versions of Master of
the Universe does one really need? Especially if they're all the same
versions! If it's a special version, say, that DikMik sang lead on, well,
alright. But otherwise, I feel that one live version of a song is pretty much
the same as another.

Of course, the above doesn't mean I want to sell my copies . . .

Joe