OFF: Digest Mode & moe.

Darrin McKeehen dmckeehen at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 22 19:59:00 EST 2001

On Thu,   22 Mar 2001 Paul Mather wrote:

No, he (and others of similar persuasion) should be forced to sign up to
BOC-L in DIGEST mode and have to scroll past the same old repeated messages
with a single line of "content" prepended---that is, until he learns to trim
his posts.

(Either that, or I'm going to have to take a leaf out of Andy Gilham's book
and finally figure out how to use something like procmail...:)

Cheers,

Paul.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once again Paul, you set (some of) us straight.
Could not have said it better my humble self ")

Also, The listing of Grateful Dead ten times was to see if I could make
Keith vomit ")

BTW, I see Gary Davis has 3 reissues by NEU!

Here's a more accurate version of my Top 10 beginning with G (in no certain
order):

Gang Of Four
Golden Earring
Genesis (before they became three)
Jerry Garcia Band
Grateful Dead
Gov't Mule
Peter Gabriel
Gamma
Grobschnitt
Peter Green tied w/ Rory Gallagher

Mike C.

I recommend:
most anything by Farflung
everything by The Spacious Mind
Sun Dial - Other Way out
Omnia Opera - Red Shift
anything by DarXtar
anything by Mr. Quimby's Beard
(and offshoots: see Jerry Kranitz ")
King Crimson - Thrakattak
Bozio, Levin & Stevens - both releases
Liquid Tension Experiment
Monster Magnet - Dopes To Infinity
Nektar - Journey To The Center Of The Eye
Nektar - A Tab In The Ocean
Nektar - Recycled
Eloy - 1st 4 or 5 releases
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
Captain Beyond - S/T (back together and about to tour!)
Elektrum: Live At The Opera
Alien Planetscapes - Life On Earth
Porcupine Tree - Coma Divine (a good place to start)
Echolyn - not sure where to start...?

Tangle Edge is cool, but I can not track down much.
I hear Ship Of Fools is good, but can not track them down.
And I have been perpetually looking for DarXtar - Darker.
(HELP!)

I know some folks on the list don't like PHISH, but "The Siket Disc" is all
instrumental ambient space jams. It's only available through their mail
order "Dry-Goods". Most all you spacerockers would love it (if you would
give it a chance).....

Also, for the BOC fans.....

You might enjoy:
Blue Oyster Cult S/T
Tyranny & Mutation
Secret Treaties
Spectres
Mirrors
Cultosaurus Erectus
Fire Of Unknown Origin

They lost me after that.....

If you like DRUMZ.....
...like tribal DRUMZ .... from a drum circle..
Think Grateful Dead - Woodstock type parking lot scene...

Mickey Hart has some cool stuff out there with world class drummers from all
around the world:
Drumming At The Edge
Planet Drum
Diga Rhythm Band
Rhythm Devils is very cool!
It's the soundtrack for the movie "Apocalypse Now"

Most male potheads love this movie for some reason....

moe. is considered a jamband, but they can go WAY out in trippy, floaty la
la land and rip it too.

On 10/31/00 they played a flawless Dark Side Of The Moon from beginning to
end. I have seen them do Interstellar Overdrive, Godzilla and Don't Fear The
Reaper. I have also seen them cover a song by Ween called Voodoo Lady, which
started with all members playing drums and percussion and was really cool.
And at that same 10/31/00 show they played a 39 minute version of their song
called MEAT!

No, they are not a heavy metal band and neither is Widespread Panic, but
both bands can get pretty intense like Gov't Mule.

If you wanna check out some live stuff, I have plenty of crisp DAT masters.

PS Les Claypool's Frog Brigade ain't too damn bad either!

Shine On!

Darrin