OFF: Re: Foot & Mouth

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Thu Mar 22 20:23:06 EST 2001

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 03:32:27PM -0500, Paul Mather wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
>
> => Luckily, no one confiscates your computer and burns it if it
> => contracts a virus, even if it temporarily slows down your
> => productivity :)
>
> Actually, you've just hit on an excellent idea there!  It sure would get
> rid of a lot of Windows machines... >;-)

Don't have to burn it; just confiscate it, install a decent OS,
and return it.

If I recall, the Alexandria Library had a policy like that.  Any
ship that came in, they'd grab all the books, copy them, and
return them.  Imagine the RIAA's hysterics if anyone tried that
now for CDs...

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
necessarily a good idea.