OFF: Re: Foot & Mouth

Ted Jackson tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Mar 23 07:08:01 EST 2001

On 22 Mar 2001, at 19:46, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

> Yeah, and shot it down in the primaries! The US gave itsself a choice
> between between Rich Daddy's Boy Party Hack One and Rich Daddy's Boy
> Party Hack Two, neither of whom were particularly palatable. No wonder
> that election turnout tumbled and the results were so close and so
> confused.

I agree that the 2 major parties in the US offer little in the way of
choice, as our society is so middle-of-the-road.  But to compare Al
Gore to Bush as spoilt rich kids is way off.  The Bushes are
Billionaires.  Gore is a lifelong politician, the son of another lifelong
politician.  Gore Sr. made less than 50 grand a year his entire life.
Al jr only slightly more.  He is not a wealthy person by any means...
[well, compared to me he's rich]...

theo

xxxxxxxxx

"Wherever you go, there you are."