OFF: Re: Foot & Mouth

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Mar 23 08:35:46 EST 2001

Ted Jackson writes:

> On 22 Mar 2001, at 19:46, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
>

> > Yeah, and shot it down in the primaries! The US gave itsself a choice
> > between between Rich Daddy's Boy Party Hack One and Rich Daddy's Boy
> > Party Hack Two, neither of whom were particularly palatable. No wonder
> > that election turnout tumbled and the results were so close and so
> > confused.
> >
> I agree that the 2 major parties in the US offer little in the way of
> choice, as our society is so middle-of-the-road.  But to compare Al
> Gore to Bush as spoilt rich kids is way off.  The Bushes are
> Billionaires.  Gore is a lifelong politician, the son of another lifelong
> politician.  Gore Sr. made less than 50 grand a year his entire life.

Render unto me a break. When Gore senior was on senate committees it was
know that a bill couldn't be considered unless the supplicant attended
an auction at his ranch. Fore senior would regularly evince amazement
that bulls could be sold for so much.

However the real funding for Gore junior's campaign comes from Armand
Hammer (I.e oil money) and the Tennessee Valley Authority (I.E nuclear
power).

Gore was groomed from childhood to be President.

> theo

FoFP